Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Loser Guys


Loser guys and the women who love them. That headline made me laugh out loud when I logged onto Yahoo! this morning. I begin to think back on my own "loser guy" experience and what it was that attracted me to him. Frankly nothing. My loser guy story is a long one and I almost ended up marrying him, but the bottom line is he was a loser. Every time I see glimpses of what my loser life would have been like with my loser husband I can't do anything but smile and send prayers up to God. I lovingly refer to that time in my life as the Dark Ages/2004. Wow! What a year! When I think about all I lost and gave up for that loser guy I want to bury myself in a pit, but then I'm reminded of all the things I did learn in that year. And I sure did learn a lot. I'm glad I was able to make it through that year, better then what it could have been. I won the battle, and the war. I came out with a scar, a faint one, but a scar nonetheless. I'll forever be known as that girl that almost screwed up her life. (Key word: ALMOST) Know what though? I'm glad I did it. So I guess the moral of the story is "loser guys" aren't so bad, as long as you wake up in time. Thanks for waking me up God!

No comments: