Friday, July 14, 2006

Flirting in Traffic?

I'm single, have been now for sometime. When I first reached my single status it wasn't of course as "fun" as I would have liked it to be, but now I rather enjoy it. I like the fact that I can go out and flirt with a bunch of boys, pass out numbers, wink a little. It's fun, it's a nice feeling when a bunch of guys are vying for you. On the flip side though, I do like being in a relationship. I like the stability, the support, the built in "best bud". But every once in awhile when I see the couples out and about I get a little ping of jealous, but nothing that a pair of shoes and a smoothie can't fix. The point of all this is to say that I have never been as desperate as to put a bumper sticker on my car advertising my single, lonely, desperate life. Yesterday I got an email newsletter from this website talking about online dating and Flirting in traffic. The line accompanied with the Flirting in Traffic title said Flirting in traffic: He'll never slip away again. And I thought to myself "Cool! Tips on how to exchange numbers while on the beltway!" Because I've been in that situation before flirting with the hot guy on the motorcycle only to have him speed away at the next green light or be moved up in the line of traffic on the beltway. So when I saw this article I thought it would be very useful. NOT! It was an online dating website where you build a profile print out a sticker with an ID number and the website. Basically you see a hot guy in a Jag he pulls away you check out his bumper and if he has a FIT sticker you log onto the website and put in his ID number and there you go you found yourself a man. Don't you think that's a little embarrassing? "Hi! I'm a loser! And this is the only way I can meet people!" Yeah so not for me. The good news (yes, there's always good news) is you can find out what his financial status is. If he has his sticker on his book bag or bike helmet then you might want to pass, or if the sticker is on a Minivan with Dora the Explorer playing on the TV in the backseat then put that Honda in reverse! But if your lucky enough to spot a Jag, BMW, Hummer, Porsche, Lexus etc. with one of these stickers run closer. But then again if he's that well off and still can't find someone something might be wrong there too. So I think I'll just stick to the conventional ways of meeting men.

No comments: