Thursday, September 06, 2007

Snow Peas



Last night history was made in the Campbell/Scott household. For the last (almost) year I have been trying to get (BIG)Shawn to eat vegetables. The first time we went to dinner with my parents he ordered chicken fried rice or something and when they sat his plate down he got this scared panicky look on his face because it had peas in it! Every time I make dinner I of course do a vegetable and he never eats it. I love just about all vegetables and so does (little) Shawn, he could eat a whole plate of broccoli only. However, for some reason we just can't get the SR. Campbell to do the same.

So like I said history was made last night. The other day we went shopping for books and I picked up Rachel Ray's cookbook and The Desperate Housewives cookbook. I made something from the DH book from Gabbriele's section. Sweet and Tangy chicken...with snow peas.....Well I diced, sliced, and stir fried everything....and ta-da...He ate the peas and not only did he eat them he ENJOYED them! I was so excited! I know, I know, it's just vegetables, but I'm the type of person's who's moved by the little things. So I think now I should make snow peas every night!!!

No comments: