Monday, September 03, 2007

Furniture Shopping

We are now finally at the 2 month mark of the big moving day. I know Shawn's excited and we just told little Shawn (aka The Kid) last night and he was like "So when the clock says 2, we move to the city?" But I am extremely excited! Like totally bursting at the seems! I'm so ready to get out of Baltimore. We have had 209 murders this year, that is up 30 since last year. So I've started furniture shopping. I asked Shawn if we moved if we could get all new stuff. I'm huge, huge black and white fan. (remember the wedding colors) So I decided to do the apartment in black and white with silver and red accents. We started furniture shopping a few weeks ago. I found this really great couch at Ikea of all places. I didn't really expect to find a living room set I liked but we found this great white leather set! I really wanted white furniture but was hesitant to get white because of the stain factor, so I thought of going with a black and white print. But when we went to Ikea the other weekend we saw the one we really liked. Then Saturday we went to Ethan Allen and found this great sleeper sofa/chair. Its a bit bigger then a regular chair, it's a little smaller then a loveseat. We got that in a black and white zebra print! I totally, totally love it!! It takes 12 weeks to come in :-( So I won't get to see it for awhile.

In preparation of the move of been going through some of my things trying to declutter. The one drawback of New York apartments is that they are small of course. So I cleaned my closet out Thursday and had hoards, and hoards of clothes that I didn't want anymore. I was just going to take them to the thrift store but saw a commercial Friday about this place called Plato's Closet that buys your stuff. So we pack the car up and drive over there. I had 2 rubbermaid containers filled with stuff and they took 4 things!!!!!!! They were like "Sorry but because of the condition your stuff is in" I was like "The condition! You've got to be kidding me!" My stuff is in great, great condition. I even had Gucci bag in there and they didn't want it. It was the weirdest thing! So we just took the stuff to the Salvation. Now I have like a 100 books that I need to get rid of. Anyone want to buy them??????

We can't start apartment hunting yet because its too soon. I've called a couple agencies and they told us to get back to them the beginning of next month. One place I found 3 of my favorites and I have my fingers crossed that they are still there next month.

No comments: