Thursday, April 26, 2007

Good Things

Yesterday I was offered a job for a real estate development company. I originally went an interviewed for the office manager position last week Friday. When I met with the office manager she asked what I wanted to be doing in 5 years and I told her that I within the next two years I would like to get my real estate license. Well Monday the owner called and wanted to meet with me about a sales and marketing position. Tuesday I went down to Fells Point where the Townhouses are being built. Fells Point is near the Baltimore Harbour. I met with him and he showed me around the model and explained the job to me. The job would require me to run the model home office and show it to interested buyers and get them to of course buy. After that they would then be sent to the real estate agents working with us for them to finish the sale. The hours would be somewhat flexible and no weekends. I was really excited because it would give me training in real estate. Yesterday I went and met with the agents and that's where things got sticky. The owner of the development company assured me that I would not have to work weekends. It would be a regular Monday- Friday gig. But when I met with the agents they said it would be Wednesday - Sunday 10-6! I was so upset because I really wanted the job, but weekends just aren't my thing. For one, I take a lot of short weekend trips, and two I use the weekends to do wedding stuff, and three, well I really like my weekends! I told them that it wasn't a problem at first, but when I got home and thought it over I realized how much it would suck. Later that night the owner of the development company called and offered me the job! I told him about my reservations in regards to weekends and he said he would contact the agents and work something out where I didn't have to do weekends!

This was a really good week for Shawn as well. Last week we found out that a major songwriter Sean Garrett (wrote Ushers, "Yeah", Destiny's Child "Soldier" and "Lose my Breath", Chris Brown "Run it" and a lot of other hits) heard 5 of their tracks and written to 4 of them! This was huge because all of Sean Garrett's songs are immediate singles. So we were very excited. Then this week we found out the Sean G, actually wants to fly Shawn and his partner Marshall out to either LA or Atlanta to recording sessions with the artist he wrote for. That is huge, huge news, and we are really praying that everything works out the way it should.

No comments: