Monday, April 23, 2007

2 Items Down

Finally, finally ordered my dress and what a long event that was. I took my Matron of Honor (Ashley) and my mom because Ashley hadn't seen the dress yet. When we got there the head designer, Mary said that it was a waste of time for Ashley to come because my dress wasn't at the shop any more. Once you pay for the dress (which my dad did a few weeks ago) the dress is pulled from the shop and sent to Florida. Even though the sample is what I tried on, mine is couture so only a few brides are able to purchase it. Anyway, I was disappointed because I wanted Ashley to see it and I wanted to see it again to make sure I still loved it. But thankfully after she took all my measurements they searched her studio and found it because it hadn't been shipped yet. So I was able to try it on and everyone agreed it was stunning. I'm very excited because I am now able to check that off my list. I go back in June to do more fittings for the bra and all that good stuff inside. The bra is built into the dress so its custom made. And then we start designing my veil. Saturday we were unable to take engagement pictures because Shawn had to go to New York for a session. But Sunday we had our cake testing. That was cool. Mary Alice combined two cakes. One was polka dots and the other was like a scroll design with ribbons and curly wire with balls at the top. I loooove it. We just finished dinner and we sampled the cake. They sent us home with 6 flavors and we only had 5 today because when you live in a house with as many people as I do, its inevitable that someone will eat your food. So one of the boys ate the white chocolate ganache slice. We chose 3 flavors so far, Almond Amaretto, White Chocolate Raspberry, and Red Velvet.

A successful two days! 2 items checked off 130 more to go. WOO HOO!

No comments: