Monday, September 11, 2006

Dress Dilemma

This weekend Ashley and Josh are getting married!!! Yeah I'm so happy for them. They are the sweetest couple by far. They've asked Abby and I to sing and because of that I need to find a dress. I started looking like a month ago but never tried anything on and then last week I remembered that the wedding was Saturday and I had NOTHING to wear. Pressure number 1. I'll be on stage (or in the front wherever) in front of people so I can't throw on any old thing on 2. The wedding is semi-formal, and again I can't throw on anything. So I dragged my little sisters with me Saturday to 8 stores. It was so hard because originally I had wanted a dress but that brought up two issues 1. Because I'm so top heavy (yes even after the surgery) it makes finding something to fit up there harder then for most girls. Either it fits wonderfully through the body but my "girls" form a uni-boob, or it fits up top and through the body I'm wearing something for a 300 lb. Woman. 2. Dresses (and even some skirts) that are supposed to fall a little below the knee can look like an evening gown on me because I'm mega short.

So after 4 stores I knocked the dresses out and ended finding two stores with dressy looking skirt and tops. And then on a whim I stopped in another store and found a really pretty strap-less dress that I thought fit pretty well. So yesterday I took my mom back with and to my surprise neither store had the skirts so I went back to the store with the dress and tried it on for my mom and just didn't fall right. So I was back to the drawing board. Moral of the story by 7 last night I was able to put 3 dresses on hold. I'll post the pictures in a seperate posting.

No comments: