Monday, August 27, 2007

1st Day of School

Today was Shawn's first day of school. Its weird how they set it up. Today was half day orientation with the parents, then off Tuesday, half day Wednesday and Thursday, full day Friday. Anyway orientation was today so we all got up extra early. I went in to get Shawn and he was like "One more minute" and I told him today was school and he jumped right up!!! He's such a slow person!! While Shawn and I were getting ready he was supposed to be getting himself together. Well Shawn goes in after he'd been up for like 15 minutes and he was just sitting there putting lotion on like he was in some type of smooth skin commercial. So this weekend we need to get an egg timer so he can learn to stay on track. So we get to school and as soon as we get to his classroom he wanted to usher us out. We had to explain to him like several times that we were staying with him. You could tell he wasn't happy with that at all. The funniest part was when he "outed" me as a soap watcher. All the parents were lining up to go meet the principle and learn about the after school program and Shawn was like "Bye mom, bye dad. Go watch and see if Spike can hear on All my Children" I was like "OMG! Hush!" His teacher doesn't seem very bright and I think the principal and I went to the same preschool. But Shawn seems to like it so were happy for him.

Yeah schools FINALLY here!!!

No comments: