Thursday, December 27, 2007

My Resolution

Christmas is over, time to put away the tree, and get ready to start a new year. It's now the time for the all important "New Years Resolutions". Every year mine goes something like this "Work out more." And every year...I fail. I have a really nice run of it for about half the year and then it completely falls to the waste side. So this year I decided to come up with a resolution that's a little more attainable and actually quite interesting....

It all started with that Victoria Beckham Coming to America Special. I was completely captivated by her and her personality. I thought she was major! I especially liked when she said that you will (almost) never catch her in a pair of flats, she said that a ..."sexy confident woman always wears heels" Well maybe it's not 100% true because I'm sure there are some women who think they're confident and sexy and never wear heels. However, I decided that I liked that truth. So for about a week I tried to do it, but my downfall was going shopping and walking around in light blue platforms for 5 hours. Well this year at Christmas Dinner my mom, my sister, and I (is that grammatically correct? oh well) started talking about the Beckhams and the heel thing. So the 3 of us decided to make that our new years resolution. I know what some of you may be thinking "How stupid and shallow can you be?", well I would say "How creative can we be" everyone this year will have the following 1. Exercise, 2. Lose Weight, 3. Stop smoking, 4. Learn something new, 5. Eat better, 6. Volunteer more, 7. Help the people in Darfur/New Orleans. I mean how mundane and carbon copy can you be? My new years resolution is also pretty practical. I'm 5 feet tall so it's imperative that I give myself a lift somehow! I probably only own 3 pairs of flats and 3 pairs of tennis shoes anyway and all the other shoes are various heights of heels. When I do wear heels I feel like I can conquer the world. I feel level with everyone else instead of some 5 ft 20 year old midget.

So today I started. As tired as I was and majorly bummed about having to go to work I slipped on my favorite pair...My silver pumps.

Wish US luck!

No comments: