Monday, January 07, 2008

Into the New Year

Happy New Year! This post may be a bit longer then usually but I'm going to try my damnedest to keep it short, which is kind of hard for me because I am very, very, long winded...

So New Years Eve Shawn and I agreed to help my grandparents chaperon my brother Troy's party at my parents house which ended up being really laid back and we had zero problems with him and his friends. I am proud to say that Troy has very good judgement and his friends were great! I think they were a little annoyed at my constant presences but I was trying to do my job! Well right before mid-night Shawn and I we ended up watching Mr. Brooks in the theater room. Well right at mid-night when Shawn kissed me the lights went out! All of Troy's friends started acting crazy and I started freaking out. So we head upstairs to make sure my grandparents, Juli and little Shawn were ok and after about 15 minutes the lights still hadn't come back on. Then all of a sudden I start hearing shots which sounded like gunshots coming from various parts in the community. It really weirded me out because 1. We were in the middle of watching a pysco killer movie and 2. Hearing gunshots in my parents neighborhood is highly unusual. So I start freaking out and making the two little kids get away from the windows because I thought we were seriously about to be murdered. My Gannie kept saying to me that people shoot guns at midnight which I had never heard of. So then Juli and Shawn (who are both 6) are sitting in the corner and Juli can tell I'm scared so she gets scared and little Shawn says to her "Don't worry Julianna no ones going to kill you" I was like "Way to comfort her Shawn!". Eventually I ended up calming down and the lights came back on about and hour and a half later. So that's how I rang in the new year...

In other EXCITING news about and 1 hour ago Shawn got a call from his manager saying that the song they did with Missy Elliott was officially picked up as a single and would be hitting the radio any day now! We are thrilled beyond on belief! I am so excited for Shawn, every time I think about it I want to cry because I know how hard he's worked for something like this. This one single could catapult him and his partner to where they want to be. Up there with Timbaland, Pharrell, Kanye, all the greats! He tells a story of meeting Wyclef shortly after he moved to NY in 2001 and he said to him "Count 7 years after you sell your first record and that's when it will happen" and it's been (almost) exactly 7 years since his first song was sold (On the Cradle 2 The Grave soundtrack). We haven't heard the song yet but right now we are just praying that it does well. I think the song is called Ching A Ling but I'm not exactly sure, but it's by Missy Elliott. It will be on the Step it up 2 soundtrack and in the movie, so call and request it at your radio stations and by the soundtrack!!

1 comment:

Infamous JP said...

You know I completely forgot that you had a blog until you sent me that comment the other day.

Anyway, I know it's 9 days late, but Happy New Year.

I've got a lot of reading to do in order to catch up. Now Shhhhhh I'm reading.