Thursday, December 13, 2007

Litter Police

I remembered a funny story today. The summer before last my brother worked at this pharmacy/old fashioned lunch counter thing like 15 minutes from my job. So on Fridays I'd get off early and go pick him up and he'd get me lunch. Anyway we lived about 40 minutes away so were driving home one afternoon and we had all this trash from lunch so Troy rolled down the window and tossed it out. When we pull into the driveway this lady pulls up next to us and tells me that she watched us throw trash out onto the interstate and wants us to go pick it up! We lived like 15 minutes from the interstate so this lady followed us the whole time. So Troy says "Lady are you serious!? Go away" and she drove off.

Now I know a lot of people are going to think I am the worlds worst person for littering. I know its bad and I shouldn't do it yada yada yada. I'm not proud of it, I am sorry, and feel bad about it. But I hate seeing trash in the car and when it gets to be too much I toss it. I'm getting slightly better. Not that this excuses it-But,my whole take on that "ruining" the planet thing and global warming is when God is ready for the earth to implode under us it will happen and no amount of Save The Earth days will help it.

No comments: