Saturday, December 08, 2007

A promotion in less then a week

Last month I decided that being home day in and day out was not it was all cracked up to be. For the first few months it was pretty fun. After 7th grade I never had a real summer break because I decided to graduate early so I was always doing school work plus I was working for my dad 40 hours a week and then right after graduation I went to Bible school came home and I've worked full time since. So this summer when I had the opportunity to not go to work I decided to use it. But then once Shawn started school I got really bored. So anyway moral of the story is I started looking for a job last month and on my my first (and only) interview I was hired at this huge Electrical Company. I started Monday and it was quite different then what I was used to. I've never worked for company that had more then like 12 people at one time. This company is huge and has like 30 people who work in the office plus another office in VA plus all their field guys. I got a job as an Administrative Assistant and by Wednesday I wasn't loving it because I was doing a bunch of busy body work. Stuff that I was doing for my dad when I was 11 and 12. I felt like I was really going backwards considering my last two jobs were office management positions and running basically the entire company while my boss was cruising and gambling in the Bahamas. Anyway so Wednesday I was really bummed out because the position I was told about in my interview didn't seem like the position I was doing....BUT Thursday I get a called into my bosses office and she says one of the project managers (who I'd met one time) requested me to come and be the office manager for his new 2 yr job! She said he came in and said "I want her!" my boss said she was pretty disappointed because she wanted to keep me but he wanted me. The position is MUCH better then what I'm doing now. It's right on the same line as my other position except instead of managing 12 or 15 field guys I will be managing over a 100! The one down side is for the first month or so there will be no inside plumbing in the office we have on the job site-which is a trailer. He plans to get plumbing before I get down there but can't guarantee it. But I will have my own porta-potty! Oh goody!!!! I think I'm just going to go in the morning before I leave home and not go until I come home! And my hours are really good too 7:30 until 2 or 3. I can hold it that long...(i think)

No comments: