Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Napping at work

It's lunch break time here at the new job and started thinking about lunch breaks I've had in the past. Sometimes I used them to go shopping, read a magazine, watch a TV show on ABC.com, finish work, or one time nap...and that leads me to my story....

It was the summer after I got back from Bible School. I had my first "real" job at a law firm. I had worked before but it was for my dad so that work environment was very easy going and laid back. This was the first time I had worked outside of his company. I was the receptionist and it was my lunch break. I drove and got some lunch came back to the office and went in to the lunch room. The way this office was set up was pretty unique because we had two offices in the same building. One for the conference room, lunch room and paralegals offices, and the other for the attorney's and myself. So I went into the 2nd office went in the lunch room and ate my lunch. I think I had like an hour break or something. And I remember half way through I said I was going to close my eyes for a second and put my head down. Well a second turned into 45 minutes past my lunch hour! I jumped up wiped the drool off my face and ran into the other office. The paralegal who was covering for me was very nice about it and said she had done it before as well, but to be careful. From that day forward I never napped at work again!

No comments: