Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Roller Coaster

Have you ever ridden a roller coaster? I love roller coasters. I love the adrenaline I get as I'm chugging up. I love the rush I feel when I'm in the air and everything on the ground is shut out and it's just you and the sky. Like you can touch the sky....Touch the sky....


Imagine... Your at Universal Studio's all you've heard all day long is about how amazing The Hulk is...And all day long you've been preparing yourself. Finally your in line. Your laughing, your joking, your wiping sweat of your brow, because Florida is hot as hell. But as the appointed time draws closer your stomach is flipping, your legs are getting heavier. Your having doubts. But yet you press on because you know that once your done you'll be glad you pushed yourself. Your excited....The future holds such promise...


And then suddenly the decision comes. Do you ride front? If you ride front you'll see everything that's coming, some say it's scarier to see it coming. I say it's not. Then you think..."Hmm the middle..the middle has to be good. It's the middle right?" Half in, half out...not fully giving yourself. Short changing your self if you will. But you still don't have enough guts to do the middle....So you think. "Ah hah! The back! The back won't be scary at all! I won't see what's coming, And I can just sit and chill, Yup the back....much safer..." But I say that it's not. I say it's scarier to ride back. You can't see what's up ahead, you don't know where your going next, all you have is a promise, you hear the screams of the people before you, you hear the laughter, the sheer thrill of it all and it excites you. The promise...So you ride back. Your brave....your gonna do it. Then as soon as the lap bar comes slamming down your pulse starts beating faster! "Wait!" Your head screams! "I want to see what's coming first! I want to be safer! STOP! WAIT!" But it's no use...The ride has started...Your chugging....and then your falling and your screaming and your laughing. Because as scary as it is...You know it's all worth it. You took the path less traveled....Because it was all worth it....The promise of the future...


"Being scared".......Sometimes it's worth it she said

No comments: