Saturday, July 12, 2008

Almost there

Shawn asked me to come down and hang out with him in the studio, and I figured since there's nothing to do but sit and watch him, now would be the perfect time to update my blog. We just got back from our breastfeeding class, which was not as helpful as I wanted it to be. I expected to learn more about techniques and instead it was just basically a two hour class on the benefits of breastfeeding. But it was still informative, and I did learn stuff like, Colostrum is yellow because of Vitamin A, If you get a flu-shot the benefits of that is passed right on to Baby, and if Baby puts his hand on your breast while feeding it releases more oxytocin & prolactin which helps with bonding and the milk let down. So there was beneficial information. We also had our first childbirth class on Monday, which Shawn and I both really, really liked. Our instructor even prayed and crossed herself (we're delivering at a Catholic hospital) before starting the class. Right now I am 36 weeks & 1 day. It's so exciting to realize that in 4 weeks time, give or take a day or two (or three or four) that our baby will finally be here! There is certainly still more things I need to do and purchase (who knew babies needed SOOOO much) but emotionally if this baby decides to come today I'm ready! Physically I'm starting to reach the point of "How much longer!?" I can't sleep at night, which means I sleep until like 10 or 11 (or noon like yesterday!) or I sleep in the afternoon. I don't know what it is about the night time, but I just can't sleep! I pee about 12 times a night and have to heave myself over every time I want to roll over. I still am thanking God though that NOTHING has swelled or started to spread. No pregnancy face, no cankles, or swollen hands and fingers. Everything else besides my ever expanding belly is totally normal sized. I am starting to take on a slight waddle as well. And with the expanding belly I've had to start rolling down the belly part on my maternity pants. I swear it feels like my circulation is being cut off! Well that's my update for now, Monday brings another doctors appointment, and with that...maybe just maybe, keep your fingers crossed, but possibly another update! Aren't you excited? ;-)

No comments: