Monday, July 21, 2008

light at the end of the tunnel is shining brightly!

So here we are 37 weeks and 3 days. Full term and could be happening any day now. We had a doctors appointment Thursday and as of then I was 2 cm dilated. I could be more now though. Saturday we took Shawn to the Maryland Aquarium and saw the dolphin show which I LOVED. My Gannie used to take us all the time and it's my favorite part. But there was tons of walking and that night I was having pretty strong contractions. One was so bad I started crying. But they weren't close enough to go into L&D or call the doctor. Once I got all settled in for bed and ate some cereal they pretty much stopped. But I had more Sunday, again nothing to be totally alarmed about. But I have noticed in the last week I feel really different. I can't fully explain it, but something has changed. If Baby P decides to come this week or early next week I won't be surprised. So I've gotten our bags all packed. I've blown up my birthing ball and we're all ready to go. I'm very excited and ready for him to come. Besides wanting Baby to get here soon or right on time so we can meet him, Shawn also has a big work thing coming up and has to go to New York on the 14th. He wasn't going to go but I really want him to go. It's an album release party for his next song and although it's just a party, it's still part of his job. And I'm really proud of him for the work he did on this song because it's really awesome. So I want him to be able to go, but of course we could have a very, very new baby right then. So we are trying to decide how we can make it so he can go for the night and that I'm comfortable. Not sure how to do it, but we're going to try and figure it out. As long as baby doesn't come on the 12th or 13th or hasn't shown by then, I think it can be done. We'll see.

No comments: