Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy (completely and utterly late) Thanksgiving. I hope this blog finds all my readers happy, well fed and thankful. This Thanksgiving for me was a big surprise. This year Shawn and I had decided to spend Thanksgiving at our apartment for various reason. I went shopping and purchased a 12 lb turkey and all the Thanksgiving "accessories". Then Thanksgiving morning I get a call from my mom inviting us over to my parents house for Thanksgiving dinner. I was really excited to go because I hadn't seen my little sister or brothers for a little while, but I was annoyed that I had just spent all this money on Thanksgiving stuff. Plus I had printed out handy little turkey tips and had already opened the turkey so we could have "crispy skin". So anyway we went to my parents and had a very lovely time seeing my uncles and grandparents and so forth. The day after Thanksgiving has always been our tradition to go see a movie so we went and saw "Fred Claus" and spent the rest of the evening at my Pop-pop and Gannie's to celebrate my uncle's birthday and my sister Arianna's birthday. Saturday I cooked the 12 lb turkey and it was very, very good. I'm pleased to say that I am pretty good cook. But we'll be eating off that thing for the rest of the week I'm sure!

Thanksgiving this year meant much more for me in previous years. Previously I'd run down my list of your standard things "I'm thankful for my health, my family, etc" But this year all of these things were true times 10. I had a lot to be thankful for this year! Now I'm looking forward to Christmas!

No comments: