Friday, February 16, 2007

Our Story

It’s a tale as old as time, true as can be…Boy meets girl, boy falls head over heels in love, girl swoons every time she hears his name. Boy proposes marriage…And they live happily ever-after. Our story goes a little something like that but there are a few more details to be added. We live in a world that is operated by a little website called MySpace. One day in October 2006, Shawn got a little bored and decided to search MySpace’s vast memberships to find old friends. Shawn stumbled on his old private schools member list after searching page after page he found my picture. According to Shawn my picture caught his attention and he decided to email me. At first he was not certain who was. But as soon as I received his email I remembered who he was. You see Shawn and I used to go the same private school way back when. We didn’t interact much and probably never even spoke, but I knew who he was and once I told him my name and who my parents were he remembered me. We quickly became friends and talked every day on instant message for hour and hours. After a few IM exchanges and emails we decided that the next time Shawn had to go to NY he would stop in Maryland and we would hang out, but it was strictly just a friend’s thing. Wink. Wink. I knew from the very beginning that I wanted to be more then friends with him, but he made it very clear from the beginning that a relationship was not something he was interested in. We had scheduled our first weekend together for the weekend of his birthday (November 17th) that trip was cancelled because he got called to Atlanta for work. I was disappointed but he promised that we would get together. Things again progressed with our 7 hour phone “dates” and by the end of November we both knew that we had been kidding ourselves and that this was more then just a friendship, we had something and it was worth exploring. Shawn and I finally saw each other for the first time December 3, 2006 at 12:30 AM. When I first saw him I knew it was love and there was no going back no matter how hard I wanted to fight it, I couldn’t. He was the one, plain and simple. It’s been a quick and wild ride for the two of us but we know that God’s hand is on our lives and that He ordained this. Only God can reunite two people after 13 + years and make it feel like only minutes have gone by.

No comments: