Friday, December 22, 2006

Venue #1...NO!!!!!

Yesterday we had our first meeting with a venue. And when my mom and I pulled up we agreed that it was 100% out of the question because it was in a shopping center! We had heard about this place but it was still in the stages of being built and from the pictures it looked very, very, pretty. So we decided to go take a look. The coordinator said they were in a temporary building while the facilities were being built but what she failed to inform us was that not only were the "temporary" offices located in a shopping center but so was the "Mansion". So I get out the car and looked at my mom and my little sister Julianna and said. "Nope, Not happening, No way" And we all agreed. But we still went into the meeting as a courtesy. We get in there and everything this company offered including their sales reps were circa 1995. But then the lady prints out the price and my mom looks at me and is like "Well, ya know the building is going to be extended past the shopping center. You won't even see the gym or liquor store!" I couldn't believe my ears! I immediately shut down. So as were leaving my moms like "So what do you think Al?" And I'm like "Please just don't call dad yet" I knew that as soon as we gave him the price he was going to want to sign a contract. But my heart just could not do it. We drove separately and I get my car and she gets in hers and like 10 minutes later she calls and says "Daddy said no". She called and gave my dad the whole scoop and he was all excited but then he says "Well what's the catch?" and she says "It's in a shopping center" and he said "Nope, my little girl is not getting married in a shopping center, I don't care how much it cost!" So he hung up and called me and said he was not going to try and pinch pennies or anything and to not worry that I would get what I wanted no matter how much it cost. Needless to say I was pretty relieved. Thank God for good dads huh? So tomorrow we have another meeting with my number one choice....We'll see how it goes....

No comments: