Monday, July 02, 2007

It's raining

I haven't written much about my job because there isn't much to say. However, I now have A LOT to say. I've been having suspicion since my 3rd week here that I jumped onto a sinking ship. A sinking...financial ship. My second time getting paid I had to hold my check until Monday. That was my first clue. Then the more I got my feet wet I realized that the company had only built two houses and one was the owners. So we have 3 empty townhouses, and 14 more we need to start building and no money to do so. Shawn and I had started talking about 2 weeks ago about me putting feelers out there for a job, just in case. Well Friday morning my boss tells me he wants me to go to like 15 hours a week. It could possibly be a temp thing but he's not sure. I thought it over, over the weekend and decided that I couldn't really do 15 hours a week, so I told him today and now I have the wonderful task of having to look for a new job! It's so ironic because part of the reason I left my previous job is because I sensed they were going under as well and when I told the girl I was replacing here why I was leaving she was like "Oh you don't have to worry about that, we are definitely growing!" I've never heard of reverse growth. The only upside is that until I find something new I get to be part time, and the new job I get I will take 2 weeks off before starting so Shawn and I can go on vacation. And to add insult to injury, I had to hold my check again

No comments: