Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Drive Responsibly

When I was younger I had friends that I thought were best friends, or even close friends that betrayed me at every turn. After I came out of those situations I promised myself that I would never allow myself to be placed in there again. Because of that I have built up a wall and don't allow a lot of people to get close to me for a very long time. After that situation all I had was my family to trust. But what do you do when the ones closest to you break that trust that you have given them? How do you come back from that? How do you not end up feeling hurt and betrayed? When someone that close breaks that trust, to preserve the relationship are you supposed to just forget? I won't say forgive, because I believe in forgiveness, and everyone should be able to forgive and get forgiveness, but how do you get back to where you were?

Who decides what's best for you? When your younger obviously your parents do. But when do you start knowing for yourself? And more importantly when are you able to decided you know best?

When you see a bridge that is clearly burning you quickly try to put the fire out, once it's apparent that the fire is going to continue to burn do you just walk away, or do you continue to dowse it with water in hopes that you'll be able to preserve even a small portion?

And just because someone says they love you and that their motives are out of love, does that mean they know best?

As a young child your constantly taught to take responsibilities of your actions. Does it sometimes feel that others won't let you as an adult take responsibility for your happiness? It's so easy for people to let go and let you take the fall for the bad, but what about taking the fall for the good?

I'm learning more and more that I have to be responsible not only for the bad things that I do, but you know what? I have to be responsible for the good as well. After all I'm the sole person that has to live with every bad decision that I make today. But I am also the sole receiver of a blessing or a reward for a good decision. Sometimes you can't always poll the audience, you just have to answer the question yourself.

To some this may be another crazy posting from that weird girl in Maryland, to the other's who read this you may know what I'm talking about., even agree to a point.

To me (and my shoes) It's the truth

No comments: