Friday, June 08, 2007

I'm Baaaaack

It's been ages since I've been able to update my blog, and now I finally have a free moment. A lot of stuff has happened since the last time I wrote (April, wow no idea it was that long ago). New interesting developments with the wedding and work.

So first I'll tell you about work. I've been here now for a month and some change. I like it. I spend most of the morning at the office and then the remainder of the day I'm downtown at the townhouse. Being at the townhouse can be a little boring because I only show it about 2-3 times a week, and I don't have a computer so I can't do any work. After I make phone calls for bids and stuff I'm kinda left twiddling my thumps and flipping through a magazine. Something really scary happened at work yesterday. The part of Baltimore the house is in, is (in my opinion) not one of the safest neighborhoods. So far I have shown the house to a few crack heads and have found condoms and needles in the driveway. Yesterday on my way downtown my boss called from the office saying his cell phone was stolen literally out of his hands while he was talking on it. So I was a little bit weirded out. I get to the house do my daily tidying up and so forth and around 2:30 I heard a man screaming my name through the alley. So I jump up and I'm like "Why is Shawn here?!" and I peek out the front patio door and it's this very large man who, to put it nicely did not look like he was in the market to purchase a house. So I grabbed my cell phone called Shawn, ran downstairs and locked the front door. Shawn flips and leaves work to come over. All the while I'm sitting there freaking out. Shawn finally shows up and we go driving around the block to see if I could find him, we never did. So I left work early and left a note for my boss telling him what had happened. I mean, wouldn't you be scared if some man you had never seen before walked through an alley screaming your name?! But today I will put on a brave face, keep the front door locked, and crow bar near my feet (just in case)

Since the last time I wrote Shawn and I have decided to push our wedding back until March 29th. I started thinking about it a few weeks ago. With my new job, and music, and getting Shawn set up here I have fallen behind on a lot of wedding task. And because of the lightening speed at which our relationship has traveled we are now really just getting to know each other. So I said to myself "Why on earth are we rushing to the alter by October?" no logical reason at all is what we came up with. We both feel much better about waiting until March . Come March our numbers are a little better to. We will have been dating for 16 months, engaged for 13 months, and living in the same state for a year. Sounds better then our previous numbers, right?

We also decided to try and buy a house by November as well. When I started at my new job I fell in love with the townhouses and we were going to buy one of those, but I'm not really excited about living down in the area. Lot's of rodents, murders, adult movie theaters, and other not so nice things. Don't get me wrong though the houses are great, but the area, not soooo much.

Well that's all for now...See ya in July sometime!

No comments: