Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The joys of pregnancy

So today I had the dreaded Glucose test, which actually wasn't bad at all. I had heard that the soda type drink they give you is really gross. But it wasn't bad. I mean I wouldn't order it in a restaurant or anything but it wasn't bad. It tasted like flat orange soda. After downing the drink we had to sit for an hour which I wasn't looking forward to because I was really tired. However, the "older" people coming into the lab kept Shawn and I very entertained.

Warning: The following will be an account of some non-attractive pregnancy symptoms. For all of those out there who think I am one of those sweet, delicate, girls who never does anything gross, this may be TMI and may shatter that pure and pristine image you have of me, so I recommend you click off now

My first trimester I was working and I heard that morning sickness can be kind of gruesome. So I was praying the whole time that while I was working it wouldn't hit. Luckily it didn't and I stopped working right when the exhaustion set in. However, what would pregnancy be without some discomfort, gross side effects, and unpleasant surprises. Well about 3 weeks ago this weird thing set in. Every time I try to eat, I can't. I hardly ever want to eat and when I crave something I take a bite and then I'm done. When I do eat I take a bit or two and I have to sit back and let out these huge belches and then I can continue to eat. I take a few more bites (like 3 or 4) sit back belch 2 or 3 times and take my last 3 bites and I'm done. And even when I'm not eating my stomach is really bloated or I even threw up which I detest doing! It's so annoying. So at my doctors appointment a few weeks ago I mentioned it and she said I could take Maalox. I got some last week but I'm afraid to take it because I think I'll vomit and I'm just not interested in doing it. I'm short, thus I have a short torso so there's not much room and what room I do have Baby P has occupied!

The other annoying new side effect of this wonderful adventure they call pregnancy is how hair my stomach is! I'm Greek, not sure how much or how little but enough to get the excessive hair gene. I've always had a little hair under my belly button, it's never bothered me much so I don't do anything about it. But yesterday I had my shirt up because I was watching him flip across my belly and I noticed the obscene amount of hair on my ENTIRE stomach! I was like "Holy crap!" Luckily my "I'm proud of my bump and I'm going to wear a bikini" idea was nixed due to the oddly formed stretch mark (the only one might I add) on the bottom of my belly, so because of that and now the hair I've decided not to "embrace" my new shape and wear a bikini this summer and just wear a regular old maternity suit....

Oh the joys of pregnancy ;-D

No comments: