Saturday, May 10, 2008

I heart singing

If any of you know me in the real world you know that ever since I was about 8 I've always loved to sing. When I was about 9 my sister and I partnered up with two of our friends and sung this song by Jaci Velasquez called "If this world" at camp. When we got back home one of the leaders who had gone with us told everyone how good we did and cute we looked in our matching silk long skirts. So one Sunday our Pastor let us do our song. Afterwards I remember our worship leader coming up to my sister and I and saying that when we turned 15 we better join the worship team. Over the next few years my sister and I would do different special songs in church and sing with another friend for weddings, Christmas and Easter plays and graduations. We also ended up joining the worship team waaay before our 15th birthdays. My sister loved to get up and do specials but I always had to be pushed and made to do them because I felt like I was showing off and that I wasn't even that good.

It wasn't until I met Shawn and he started recording me for fun that I heard myself back and realized..."Hey I can do this! I sound good, and that's without any Autotune!" I've gone back and forth over the years about trying to get into the music business. I never really pushed for it because it's such a competitive world I wanted to make sure that it was something I really, really, wanted. Something that I absolutely had to have. I've finally reached that point. I'm ready to go for it. It may be an awkward time for that realization to hit considering I'm about to be a mom. But I know that God gave me this gift and I don't want to waste it.

Having said all of that I finally recording my first real song today. The song is called "Stay in bed" and no it's not a Christian song so hopefully that doesn't bother any of my old friends LOL. Shawn wrote and produced it for a real artist, whom I can't mention now as that stuff is kind of "secret". The song was made for a certain male artist so you'll have to ignore the female love references. Anyhow back to the story....Shawn needed a reference singer for the song....and tada! It was either me or little Shawn...So I got to do it.

I created a MySpace Artist page so that people could hear the song. I didn't feel like figuring out how to do a Podcast. Oh and the song is short because it's just a verse and a hook. That's all we have for now. Hopefully you'll like it and if you don't, please don't be too harsh it's my first time :-/

www.myspace.com/allyleighann

No comments: