Monday, January 29, 2007

The Dress!!!!!

Drum roll please......I found my dress!!! Last weekend we went to this salon called Betsy Robinson. I thought that I found THE one there. The one at BR was a dress that actually pulled out of a photo spread in Brides. But Friday we went to this place called Mary's Bridal Boutique which has a lot of designer gowns and even does custom. I went in and pulled two dresses and then the lady helping me pulled two (including the one I picked). When I saw my dress on the hanger I was like "Hmm...Interesting but I don't know" But when I tried it on a nearly passed out! It's incredibly fabulous! It has a very old Hollywood glamour feel to it. And the lady was like "Wow! No one who has tried that dress on yet has been able to pull it off!" It's the kind of dress that you see in a magazine and think "Yeah..interesting...but not realistic" The dress is actually couture. And when they told me that I was sold even more. The really cool part is once I order the dress they take the sample out of the store and no one else is allowed to buy it. I'm also going to do a few custom touches to it to make it uniquely mine. It's the most stunning dress ever...seriously. I don't have any pictures of it yet because you are not allowed to photograph it unless you buy it (to protect the designer) But as soon as I go back and order I'll take a picture and post it (maybe, we'll see) But honestly the dress is amazing. I'm already sad because I know I have to take it off at the end of the night. I think I'm gonna try and sleep in it :-)

We finally decided on a reception site which is great. They have an outdoor facility that we can hold the ceremony in but I'm not crazy about it because my dress and the feel I want to go for (20's 30's 40's Hollywood glamour) doesn't really go. So I still need to find a church location. Picked my girls bridesmaid dresses finally. Just need to decide on a color. The flower girl dresses are going to be custom made as well because I don't want white. Posted in the next post will be the BM dresses and possible choice for FG dresses as well.

1 comment:

MomOf2nHappy said...

i am very happy for you and am happy you found your dress you must be so so excited.