Friday, April 04, 2008

weird sleep habits

I'm a weird person. I've always known that and I'm ok with it. Shawn says it's part of my charm, but I'm sure he says that because he likes me. In being weird I've always had weird sleeping habits. When I was younger I was the wildest sleeper you'd ever met. I'd start at the head of the bed and by morning be at the foot. I talk a lot in my sleep and most recently I've started crying in my sleep. A few weeks ago Shawn and I carried on a whole conversation about how Tony Romo was kind of cute, all while asleep. But one thing I've always done that made no sense was see animals or insects in my room while I was sleeping. Once I was in Bible School and I jumped up and flipped the light on and was tossing covers back because I swear there was a Daddy Long Leg Spider sitting on my chest STARING at me. Obvisously there wasn't. Another time I jumped up and stood on my bed (and this was about a year ago) because I saw Dinosaur bones laying on my bed trying to attack me. But last night was so weird.

Shawn sleeps on the right side of the bed near the door and I was laying on his chest sleeping and I opened my eyes and screamed out his name. He half way jumps up and was like "What?!" and I was like "Uh, I see a thing, it's a...a...a" I couldn't think of the name of this animal standing in our doorway! And all the while the animal is staring at me and I'm like "Oh my gosh it's going to attack me!" Then I was like "Ok" and go back to sleep and then I was like "It's a deer! A deer's in our room! But by then he was asleep!

A few weeks ago I went to asleep early and he was in the living room watching his nerd shows and I screamed because I swear I saw a robotic spider with a Britney Spears picture on his back crawl under our bed, and do you know he actually came back and looked for it? No matter what I do to him during my sleep which has included hitting him in the face, kicking him, and waking him up with my half sleep conversations he always goes along with me.

No comments: